Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Emotions Feed Cancer...for Better or Worse?


Hello Dear Readers : )
These 2 months had been very hectic.... I have so much to do since I recovered from the therapies.
There was work, hard decisions to make, guest, dinners, weddings, chauffeuring, my son, my parents, house work.... It feels like everything came all together.. all cramp into a small nicely packaged box couriered to me.
                                                          
When there is so much to do, so many times that we forget about our emotional control.
Deep inside myself, I know that it's bad & not what I had hoped for.
I needed rest. I needed peace in my mind. I needed a healthy body to produce good antibodies.


With so much thunderstorm in the evenings, the thought of missing my qiqong most of the time made me felt worse.
This created a BIG sense of guilt in my road to be healthy. 

With all these pressures & 'things to do', does it make sense?
I say STOP!
Look around~...., do I need to press myself forward again? To gain materialistic wealth?
To change my car & to shift to a bigger house? To be a higher position manager?


                                                                                                                              

All of these physical wants & needs trigger various positive & negative emotional feelings.
Like for eg, Fear, Greed, Anger, Hate, Sadness, Depression, Despair, Revenge, Powerlessness, Resentment, Happy, Love, Thankful, Appreciation, Joy, Freedom & many more.

Do I resent on how I feel now?
NO! In fact I'm glad that it happened.
It gives me a chance to test myself and control my emotions.
Controlling our emotions are one of the hardest thing to do as it comes very naturally before our mind can judge whether its the right or not.

I found the below phrase. Its the link between our 'emotions vs cancer'. 
http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/Cancer_Survivor_Program.html
"This prolonged emotional stress causes stress-hormone cortisol levels to spike within your body, depleting important adrenaline reserves, causing a breaking of the cells 'oxygen krebs cycle', leading to cell-mutation and cancer."

In short, the below emotional examples are good to our body in fighting cancer & avoidance of recurrence case. 
We should have lots of the below.


                                                                                                                    

Happy - More of these ~!
Cheerful - Smile when you see a stranger. Wish them Good Morning~.
(It always worked for me. Chances are I know that the person whom I wished will feel cheerful today.)

Serenity           Joy                    Cheerful
Admiration      Freedom            Please
Trust               Appreciation      Delightful
Acceptance     Thankful
                                                                                                                    
Avoid the BELOW....

Anger            Disappointment

Hate              Shame

Grief              Sadness
Revenge         Stressful
                                                                                                                    


Having said the above, its so much harder to put it into practice.
I will just quote a few examples of what I'm doing now.

IF my ANGER flares, walk away & avoid fights, especially when I'm driving.

TRY not to not hold GRUDGES. Let bygones be bygones.
TRY not to STRESS myself during work. I have done my best & shouldn't feel guilty of things beyond my control.

DONT think too far, be HAPPY & GRATEFUL of what I have now. Look around the people around me.
They are the ones whom were with you & cared for you. Cherish every second with them.

If you feel tired, DROP the things that you are doing & go rest. Take a day off.
Go shopping, go for coffee, go buy a book & relax. Look around the city. When was the last time you had been there?



Go for EXERCISE. Its a good way to de-stress the body. Go for a walk in the evening after dinner. It will make you sleep better.

Be THANKFUL everyday. Everytime I open my eyes in the morning, I am grateful that I am able to spend another day in this beautifully created world.

EXPLORE the things that you wanted to do. Go to those place which you had always wanted to go.
Go for a picnic. 

                                                                                                             

There are so many things that you can think of & do.
Its all within your own imagination.
As long as you have all the positive energy & none of the negative energy.
Things will get better & have a positive mindset.
The next time you want to erupt, think again.
Why not save your emotion & energy to be HAPPY & CHEERFUL? 

We can OUTRUN cancer. ~!

3 comments:

  1. Nick, thanks for sharing. You're a very strong motivated person, driven by love and support around you....I will continue my prayer for you.....happy family.....from PY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PY
    Thanx so much for your encouragement.
    It's going to be a year soon. Look forward to it and sharing it in my blog.
    Let's pray for all whom are suffering from cancer to have the courage to face it.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete