Monday, March 21, 2011

Acupuncture

Acupuncture
I'm wondering how many of us actually tried acupuncture... or tried & continue the therapy?
The mediocre thought which comes to our mind will be needles poking all over the body.




While I was doing my chemotherapy, one of my good buddy introduced me to to a Chinese practitioner whom specializes in acupuncture & herbs medicine. Heard that he was good & many people actually come from far away places to see him.
I have even met Datuk David Arumugam of the famed Alleycats at the center earlier this year.



Dr Zhang Jie

Lady Dr Zhao prepared my herbs
When I first met the doctor, he told me very frankly that he will not be able to help to kill the cancer cells directly. However, he will be able to promote the well being of the body(sleep/rest) & digestion in order to have the body antibodies to fight the cancer cells on its own.
He also did say that nowadays, herbs & other eastern medical practices are being used as a supplement to the western medication.Its widely accepted in China.



He had also explained the basic of our food to the human body functions... basically if we eat a good balanced diet, the nutrients, chi enerygy & everything good will be channeled to the main 5 body organs.
But if we do not, it will cause ailment like fatigue, diarrhea, constipation & even cancer.
Balance Diet Distribution Chart
If you notice, a numeric accompanies each basic food (grain = 1 , meat = 2, vege = 3 & fruits = 4).
The middle box (no. 5) is the distribution point. If this box functions properly, it will channel the nutrients/chi enerygy to the organs.
Eg. 1(grain) + 5(distributor) = 6 (organ) ; 4 (fruit) + 5(distributor) = 9 (organ)

BUT if the distributor is not functioning well, it will cause improper channeling to numeric like eg. 7.8 & 8.2 which are neither in the box of 7 nor 8 nor 9.
This will in turn cause illness in our body.

On my 1st chemo, I had quite a few side effects which really gave me a hard time.
Nausea, muscle & bone pain, fatigue, loss of hair (including facial & pubic hairs), sense of cold(especially the feet), very airy stomach (the air just won't stop coming out from the mouth & fart), vomiting, urge to eat certain food (just like pregnancy), inflammation of the gum caused by wisdom tooth (one of the most painful experience as the whole left cheek was swollen 1wk after chemo), platinum taste on all food & water ( I really really hate this taste), insomnia (wake up & walk around the house), diarrhea & low level of white cell counts/platelet & haemoglobin.
Sounds serious as it seems, but eventually I got used to it by the 3rd cycle.

Cordyceps
Then, I started attending the acupuncture sessions & taking the herbs.
Don't expect immediate effect !
Chinese medication takes time to produce the desired result.
The needles were.....honestly painful.
My most relaxing acupuncture session was last week, 2 wks after my ops.
I guess the pain on the chest was not comparable to the needles. I slept halfway through the extra long session ( 1.5hrs. Normal is abt 45mins)







Powdered Herbs Diluted in Hot Water
It promotes good blood circulation, better digestion, better sleep, better toilet habits & channeling the chi energy into the right area.
Apart from this, I was asked to sleep early, preferably by 10pm & wake up early.
I have to eat my breakfast before 8am, morning toilet routine & taking brisk walks in the morning.
He have also introduced taking cordyceps as a supplement. It helps to strengthen the body for the ops & the chemotherapy. 
Last of all, to take the herb medication on time.



Of course there is always the PROHIBITED list of food.
Take a look into the below. Anything which is cooling to the body is a NO.
I'm also advised to stay away from dairy products for the time being.
List of Prohibited Food
Honestly, initially I was pretty skeptical but glad that I went for it.
Overall, it helped to improved my overall condition, & also contributed to a part of my very positive result in my fight against cancer.
If you have ailments, you can really consider it. It works.
Let me know if you are interested in it. I can introduce the acupuncture doctor & the centre to you.

Till then. Thanx for the time in reading my blog.

7 comments:

  1. Bro,

    Keep on the strong spirit. Keep on writing... I will share your blogs with friends who is fighting cancer as well......

    Take care.

    Warm Regards,

    Ching How

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for sharing, Nick.. Hugs
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences... get really well soon, ok.

    Siew Yee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dear Friends,
    Thanx so much for the encouragement.
    Do you know that everytime I go down to the cancer centre, I see all the grim faces, as though all hope is lost or they might felt alone. I saw it today, again.

    After going through it myself, I wanted these people to know that they should keep their spirits up & live a quality life, not looking forward to their own grievances.

    So, I hope to get them to stand on the positive side. Thanx for the support as well.
    Cheers : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, My apologies for the late reply.
    You can find them in FB under Everhealthy Care Center Sdn Bhd
    Anyway the address is as below
    37, Jalan Desa, Taman Desa, 58100
    Tel : 03 7983 1727

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete